Am I eligible for government compensation?

We can investigate your eligibility and apply for important benefits available to people who have been exposed to asbestos, such as:

  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, which helps people who are ill or disabled from an accident or disease caused by work.
  • Pneumoconiosis Etc. (Workers’ Compensation) Act 1979 could help some people if their ex employer no longer exists.
  • Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment covers a person who was exposed to asbestos in the UK, where no payment has been made for a civil claim under the 1979 Act.
  • Disability Living Allowance or Person Independence Payments are the to assist those with long term ill health.
  • Attendance Allowance helps pay for personal care for those aged 65 or over.
  • Carer’s Allowance for family or friends looking after you.

War Pensions Scheme is for people exposed to asbestos during military service.